With Slack integrations, your team can stay up to date on HackerOne report activities without needing to leave Slack. Activities such as report triaged, bounty paid, and new comment added will trigger notifications in your selected channel. You can customize which activities you want to be notified about in which Channels, so teams only see what’s relevant to them.
Note: the HackerOne - Slack integration is available to H1 Response and H1 Bounty Pro (and above) customers. For more details, see product editions. Existing users of the Slack integration will also need to navigate to Settings > Program > Integrations > Slack to enable the new settings.
Setting Up Slack Integration
After signing into your HackerOne account:
- Go to Settings > Program > Integrations.
- Click the Connect with Slack link.
3. Click Authenticate with Slack.
4. You will be redirected to a Slack authorization screen where we will ask you to grant HackerOne the permission to access your team.
Note: if you have multiple Slack teams, you will select the one you want HackerOne to post to.
5. Click Authorize, and you will be redirected back to HackerOne to continue the setup of your Slack notifications.
Note: The following privileges are necessary:
- Access information about your public channels is needed to allow the admin configuring the integration to see all your current Slack channels which they can assign notifications towards.
- View email addresses of people on your team is needed in order to set up username mapping between H1 and Slack for proper mentions.
- Access your team's profile information is a standard permission for ALL Slack integrations. At this time we DON'T have a way to reduce permissions if customers don't want to use all of these features.
Add Notification Configuration for Slack
You can now configure specific HackerOne activities you'd like to receive Slack notifications for.
Note: For this example, we're going to set up our first Notification Configuration to alert our administrators of any swag and bounties that have been awarded.
- Click Create your first Notification Configuration.
2. Select the channel to post to in the Post to Channel field:
3. Select the specific activities you want to send to the channel.
4. Click Save.
All your award notifications will now be posted to #bounties-and-swag on Slack! Follow these steps to post to other channels.
After configuring channel notifications, you’ll have the option to map HackerOne usernames to Slack usernames. It's important to establish a link between these two usernames because when someone mentions your username in HackerOne, you’ll be notified just as if someone mentioned your username natively in Slack. This will ensure that you are appropriately notified in Slack to pay attention to the most critical HackerOne notifications when your username is mentioned specifically for a follow-up comment or action.
To map usernames:
- Type the Slack username associated with the corresponding HackerOne user in the Slack Username field.
- Select the user from the dropdown.
- Click Save.
Note: Make sure to click Save for each username mapping as there is no auto-save or global save functionality.
Adding Multiple Notification Configurations for Slack
As an optional step, you can create multiple Notification Configurations for different channels. To add multiple notification configurations:
1. Click Add Notification Configuration on the Slack Settings page.
2. Select the channel to post to in the Post to Channel field, and select the specific activities you want to receive notifications for.
3. Click Save.
In the Slack Settings page you can now see your Notification Configuration settings. Select Edit or Remove to modify your configuration.
To disconnect the Slack integration, select the red Disconnect link as seen below and confirm.
Running into issues with the integration or have questions for us? Send us a note.